Tuesday, April 18, 2006

No news is good news...

I haven't updated the blog because I don't really have a lot of news to share. I did receive the official "assignment notification" that we're going to Addis Ababa, and the training program my boss & HR person have tentatively worked out would have us arrive to post in early October. But don't take that to the bank - things could change.

I've started listening to some Amharic courses. It doesn't sound like any other language I know. Well of course not - it's a South Semitic, rather than an Indo-European language.

We still have lots of logistics to work out in the way of cars, schools, jobs, and so forth, as well as minor repairs to our house before we put it on the rental market. All in all, this is keeping us very busy.

I'll write another update when I have some news.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home